Who we are:
We are the world’s leading ground transportation marketplace. We give travellers seamless access to ground transportation online, from search to ticket purchase. We have built a cutting-edge B2B technology platform that connects bus, rail and ferry operators in 70+ countries with the biggest online retailers including Google Maps and Booking.com.
We are shaping the future of travel and building the largest global network of transport providers and retailers. Having grown 10x in the past year, we are one of the fastest growing startups in travel. Backed by three leading VCs (Creandum, Northzone and Lightrock), and now, following our recent €30 m Series B, we are ready to push beyond.
We are looking for a VP of People who will lead our People team and develop sustainable and scalable People strategy. You will be reporting directly to the CEO of Distribusion.
Who you are:
- You have more than 7 years of experience in Human Resources (HR Operations and Organization Development) with a strong background in recruitment
- You have strong management and leadership skills
- You have a proven track record in attracting and retaining top talent
- You demonstrate ability to take ownership and responsibility of your problem space
- You have the courage to challenge the status quo and drive change
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally and alongside C-Level, Engineering, Product and Sales on HR topics
- You have a positive and inspiring personality and operate highly commercial
- You are driven, ambitious, and have a hands-on approach in shaping the future of Distribusion
- You are fluent in English, both verbal and written.
What you will do:
You will be part of our leadership team and shape our People & HR strategy. You will be responsible for the following:
- Formulating and implementing HR strategy & roadmap to attract, develop, and retain talent
- Activating our company culture and fostering employee engagement and productivity
- Overseeing HR Operations, including recruitment, HRIS, reward and benefits, and performance review
- Improving remote work policy and internal communication
- Leading and supporting the development of our leadership team
What you can expect:
- You will join a fast-paced travel tech company with a flat organisational structure.
- You will have exciting opportunities, ownership and responsibility and contribute directly to the success of the company.
- As part of the management team, you will shape our strategy and organisation beyond your area of responsibility.
- You will join an international team of talented and driven people with a clear mission. Expect your colleagues to inspire, support and challenge you every day!
- We have a flexible work policy with the option of working remotely and international opportunities arising as we continue to expand our global footprint – Our heart is in Berlin, but you’ll find us across the globe.
- You will get a competitive salary & highly attractive stock options of a growing and fast-expanding company.
Our impact on the society and the environment:
There are still 100 m tickets sold offline every day. We are making ground transportation more online accessible and more convenient to use for millions of travellers. Transportation accounts for nearly 20% of global CO2 emissions, and each trip booked via Distribusion’s platform that substitutes a more pollutive and congested mode of transport such as taxi, private car, or plane, directly contributes to reducing global carbon emissions.
Do you want to work in an advanced tech environment and have an impact on millions of travellers around the globe? Come join us by applying here.