Who we are
We are the world’s leading ground transportation marketplace. We give travellers seamless access to ground transportation online, from search to ticket purchase. We have built a cutting-edge B2B technology platform that connects bus, rail and ferry operators in 70+ countries with the biggest online retailers including Google Maps and Booking.com.
We are shaping the future of travel and building the largest global network of transport providers and retailers. Having grown 10x in the past year, we are one of the fastest growing startups in travel. Backed by three leading VCs (Creandum, Northzone and Lightrock), and now, following our recent €30 m Series B, we are ready to push beyond.
Do you want to work on a product that is used by millions of people daily with a high load, availability and scalability and most advanced technology?
Come join us!
We are looking for Head of Engineering who will be leader of our Engineering function across its four product-focused teams.
Our tech stack
Programming languages: Ruby, Elixir for our main systems
Data storage, transport and processing: Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Kafka & Sidekiq
Monitoring & alerting: Prometheus, VictorOps, Sentry, NewRelic
What you’ll do:
- Make key architecture decisions that will impact our current and future projects for big international clients in the travel tech industry (Booking.com, Google, BlaBlaCar), that use our ticketing system, checkout and other experiences;
- Be responsible for managing, coaching and hiring across engineering;
- Leverage your unique experience to share expertise knowledge and inspire the engineering team to develop a cutting edge platform;
- Report directly to CEO & work closely with stakeholders from business, finance, product, operations.
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong software development experience: building APIs and systems for a web environment; working with large scale highload environments;
- Solid experience working with one or more of these technologies: Python, Go, Node JS, Java;
- Extensive experience working with a microservice architecture, leading design and architecture related activities, aware of event-driven approach and worked with systems geared towards asynchronous communications;
- Proven track record of carrying tech transformation and delivering major business impact;
- Eager to challenge yourself in a situation where you’ll be handed a lot of responsibility;
- You possess hands-on and down-to-earth attitude;
- You set high standards and have abilities to hold the entire team to high standards;
- Fluent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
What you can expect:
- You will join a fast-paced travel tech company with a flat organisational structure.
- You will have exciting opportunities, ownership and responsibility and contribute directly to the success of the company.
- You will join an international team of talented and driven people with a clear mission. Expect your colleagues to inspire, support and challenge you every day!
- We have a flexible work policy with the option of working remotely and international opportunities arising as we continue to expand our global footprint – Our heart is in Berlin, but you’ll find us across the globe.
- You will get a competitive salary & highly attractive stock options of a growing and fast-expanding company.
Our impact on the society and the environment:
There are still 100 m tickets sold offline every day. We are making ground transportation more online accessible and more convenient to use for millions of travellers. Transportation accounts for nearly 20% of global CO2 emissions, and each trip booked via Distribusion’s platform that substitutes a more pollutive and congested mode of transport such as taxi, private car, or plane, directly contributes to reducing global carbon emissions.
Climb on board with us by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.