Who we are:
We are a technology platform that provides access to ground transportation worldwide, enabling a better travel experience from search to settlement. We work with major partners such as Google, Flixbus, Kiwi, Deutsche Bahn, and many more.
We recently raised €30M Series B, and we are excited to scale our team!
You will be part of Platform team that is the core of our business – we stand behind all the magic, from finding the travel options to making the booking happen. You will be closely working with both management & technical team, bringing improvements to our system on the daily basis.
We have a strong team behind the Platform – people who have more than 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering, and we will support you every step of the way.
What do we offer:
– 35-55K EUR salary range
– Virtual Stock Option Plan based on performance
– Relocation assistance to Berlin, or work remote from anywhere on planet Earth
– Growth within a rapidly expanding global company
– A true culture of meritocracy
– Own feature design and project analysis in tandem with Product Manager – dive into how current things work & how we can make them better [approx. 60% of your time]
– Conduct investigations on system inner workings & bugs, creating more transparent understanding of the system and improving our time to bug fixes [approx. 20% of your time]
– Participate in architectural & technical discussions around Platform & cross-team projects, bringing your own perspective and ideas to the table [approx. 10% of your time]
– Write technical documentation in tandem with Product Manager to improve usability of the system for internal & external stakeholders [approx. 10% of your time]
– Major in Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics or other relevant fields
– 1+ year of job experience (internships also count) – either as a Software Engineer, QA, Product / System analyst or Technical Project Manager
– Basic knowledge of any programming language
– SQL proficiency
– Ability to dive deep into technical problems and create actionable insights
– Ability to communicate business values & goals into technical design and requirements
– Problem-solving & time management skills
Nice to have:
– Experience in travel, banking or other fields, which face complex business processes that need to be translated into actual systems
– Experience of working with big amounts of data
Our tech stack
Programming languages: Ruby, Elixir for our main systems
Data storage, transport and processing: Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Kafka & Sidekiq
Monitoring & alerting: Prometheus, VictorOps, Sentry, NewRelic