Who we are:
We are the world’s leading ground transportation marketplace. We give travellers seamless access to ground transportation online, from search to ticket purchase. We have built a cutting-edge B2B technology platform that connects bus, rail and ferry operators in 70+ countries with the biggest online retailers including Google Maps and Booking.com.
We are shaping the future of travel and building the largest global network of transport providers and retailers. Having grown 10x in the past year, we are one of the fastest growing startups in travel. Backed by three leading VCs (Creandum, Northzone and Lightrock), and now, following our recent €30 m Series B, we are ready to push beyond.
Do you want to work in an advanced tech environment and have an impact on millions of travellers around the globe? Come join us!
We are looking for System Analyst to join the Platfrom, our core product team
Our tech stack
Programming languages: Ruby, Elixir for our main systems
Data storage, transport and processing: Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Kafka & Sidekiq
Monitoring & alerting: Prometheus, VictorOps, Sentry, NewRelic
What you will do:
– Own feature design and project analysis in tandem with Product Manager – dive into how current things work & how we can make them better [approx. 60% of your time]
– Conduct investigations on system inner workings & bugs, creating more transparent understanding of the system and improving our time to bug fixes [approx. 20% of your time]
– Participate in architectural & technical discussions around Platform & cross-team projects, bringing your own perspective and ideas to the table [approx. 10% of your time]
– Write technical documentation in tandem with Product Manager to improve usability of the system for internal & external stakeholders [approx. 10% of your time.
Who you are:
– Major in Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics or other relevant fields
– 1+ year of job experience (internships also count) – either as a Software Engineer, QA, Product / System analyst or Technical Project Manager
– Basic knowledge of any programming language
– SQL knowledge
– Ability to dive deep into technical problems and create actionable insights
– Ability to communicate business values & goals into technical design and requirements
– Problem-solving & time management skills
Nice to have:
– Experience in travel, banking or other fields, which face complex business processes that need to be translated into actual systems
– Experience of working with big amounts of data
– SQL proficiency
What to expect:
- You’re joining a fast-paced, fast-expanding travel tech company with a flat organisational and truly meritocratic structure
- Remote-first and flexible work policy with international opportunities arising as we continue to expand our global footprint – Our heart is in Berlin, but you’ll find us across the globe
- Dynamic environment with ownership over mission-critical projects, spanning the organisation and the chance to shape the future of global travel
- Work with global brands and gain exposure in an international business setting
- Diverse, experienced team to exchange your ideas and contributions
Our impact on the society and the environment:
There are still 100 m tickets sold offline every day. We are making ground transportation more online accessible and more convenient to use for millions of travellers. Transportation accounts for nearly 20% of global CO2 emissions, and each trip booked via Distribusion’s platform that substitutes a more pollutive and congested mode of transport such as taxi, private car, or plane, directly contributes to reducing global carbon emissions.