Who we are:
We are the world’s leading ground transportation marketplace. We give travellers seamless access to ground transportation online, from search to ticket purchase. We have built a cutting-edge B2B technology platform that connects bus, rail and ferry operators in 70+ countries with the biggest online retailers including Google Maps and Booking.com.
We are shaping the future of travel and building the largest global network of transport providers and retailers. Having grown 10x in the past year, we are one of the fastest growing startups in travel. Backed by three leading VCs (Creandum, Northzone and Lightrock), and now, following our recent €30 m Series B, we are ready to push beyond.
Do you want to work on a product that is used by millions of people daily with a high load, availability and scalability and most advanced technology?
Come join us!
We are looking for experienced SRE Engineer who will spread SRE/DevOps knowledge and best practices.
Our tech stack
Programming languages: Ruby, Elixir for our main systems
Data storage, transport and processing: Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Kafka & Sidekiq
Monitoring & alerting: Prometheus, VictorOps, Sentry, NewRelic
What you will do:
- Work in GCP-based CD environment, evolve our infrastructure, automate/support/troubleshoot, CI/CD processes, write/fix Terraform code;
- Ensure the organisation has observability tools, and promote observability best practices;
- Engage in incident handling, software performance analysis and system-tuning;
- Collaborate with development teams to perform Root Cause Analysis for Post Mortems.
Who you are:
- Strong scripting skills in Bash and ability to understand/write/debug code in Python, Ruby, etc;
- Good knowledge of Linux, including basic management tools/utilities (curl, wget, etc);
- Excellent knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with public cloud services providers (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Service or Azure);
- Extensive experience with CI/CD tools (GCP Cloud Build, GitLab CI, Jenkins, TeamCity CI, Argo CD, Spinnaker);
- Experience in observability and reliability, ideally with Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic, Sentry;
- Experience in infrastructure as Code, preferably with Terraform;
- Fluent English communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Apache Kafka – usage in cloud-based environment, reliability, scaling, security, etc;
- Experience with Redis – usage in cloud-based environment, reliability, scaling, security, etc;
- Experience with Elasticsearch – usage in cloud-based environment, reliability, scaling, security, etc;
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) – usage in cloud-based environment, reliability, scaling, security, etc;
- Familiar with design patterns for microservice architectures;
- Knowledge of information security best practices.
What you can expect:
- You will join a fast-paced travel tech company with a flat organisational structure.
- You will have exciting opportunities, ownership and responsibility and contribute directly to the success of the company.
- You will join an international team of talented and driven people with a clear mission. Expect your colleagues to inspire, support and challenge you every day!
- We have a flexible work policy with the option of working remotely and international opportunities arising as we continue to expand our global footprint – Our heart is in Berlin, but you’ll find us across the globe.
- You will get a competitive salary & highly attractive stock options of a growing and fast-expanding company.
Our impact on the society and the environment:
There are still 100 m tickets sold offline every day. We are making ground transportation more online accessible and more convenient to use for millions of travellers. Transportation accounts for nearly 20% of global CO2 emissions, and each trip booked via Distribusion’s platform that substitutes a more pollutive and congested mode of transport such as taxi, private car, or plane, directly contributes to reducing global carbon emissions.
Climb on board with us by sending your CV to email@example.com.