Who we are:
We are the world’s leading ground transportation marketplace. We enable travellers to have seamless online access to ground transportation, from their search to their ticket purchase. We do so by providing a B2B technology platform that connects bus and rail operators in 70+ countries with over 100 of the biggest online retailers such as Google Maps and booking.com.
Backed by three of the world’s leading Venture Capital firms, we are shaping the future of ground transportation travel, and building the world’s largest network for carriers and retailers around the globe. Having grown 10x in the past year, we are now one of the fastest growing startups in the travel industry. And we recently secured €30m in funding to grow further!
Do you want to work in an advanced tech environment and have an impact on millions of travellers around the globe? Join us!
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager who will take over team management, and development processes management in one of сore-of-business teams: integrations.
Our tech stack
Programming languages: Ruby, Elixir for our main systems
Data storage, transport and processing: Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Kafka & Sidekiq
Monitoring & alerting: Prometheus, VictorOps, Sentry, NewRelic
Who you are:
- You have at least 4 years of experience working with Ruby (preferably with Rails or Grape, experience with other frameworks is a plus);
- You have at least 1 year of experience managing small and medium sized teams (teams of 5-10 people);
- You have extensive experience working with a microservice architecture, aware of event-driven approach and worked with systems geared towards asynchronous communications;
- You know and can apply best practises when relevant and have a strong testing background;
- You’ve worked with API integrations (REST and/or SOAP) in the past;
- You have strong communication skills;
- You are fluent in English.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a technology leader with a strong focus on performance, quality, scalability and maintainability;
- Develop Integrations Team from an engineering perspective: grow people, improve tech expertise and strengthen our collective;
- Participate in the high-level process of API integration for large transportation companies and help redefine our approach to building integrations on a large scale by brainstorming and coming up with new tools and techniques;
- Participation in the deployment of new features;
- Contribute to our cutting edge integration library and nice applications with clean code;
- Partake in development of existing and new products to enable predictive maintenance, scalability, auto-resolution of issues, increased speed, data standardisation and much more;
- Work with Ruby, Rails, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, GCP, Kubernetes (no coding would be required for the position, but you’re free to do so);
- Work with an inspiring and talented remote-first team in a highly engaging work environment.
What you can expect:
- You’re joining a fast-paced, fast-expanding travel tech company with a flat organisational and truly meritocratic structure;
- Remote-first and flexible work policy with international opportunities arising as we continue to expand our global footprint – Our heart is in Berlin, but you’ll find us across the globe;
- Dynamic environment with ownership over mission-critical projects, spanning the organisation and the chance to shape the future of global travel;
- Work with global brands and gain exposure in an international business setting;
- Diverse, experienced team to exchange your ideas and contributions.
Our impact on the society and the environment:
Increased accessibility to ground transportation is highly beneficial from an environmental perspective. Transportation accounts for nearly 20% of global CO2 emissions, and each trip booked via Distribusion’s platform that substitutes a more pollutive mode of transport such as taxi, private car, or plane, directly contributes to reducing CO2 emissions from transport.
Climb on board with us by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.