Who we are:
We are the world’s leading ground transportation marketplace. We give travellers seamless access to ground transportation online, from search to ticket purchase. We have built a cutting-edge B2B technology platform that connects bus, rail and ferry operators in 70+ countries with the biggest online retailers including Google Maps and Booking.com.
We are shaping the future of travel and building the largest global network of transport providers and retailers. Having grown 10x in the past year, we are one of the fastest growing startups in travel. Backed by three leading VCs (Creandum, Northzone and Lightrock), and now, following our recent €30 m Series B, we are ready to push beyond.
Do you want to work in an advanced tech environment and have an impact on millions of travellers around the globe? Come join us!
We’re looking for an experienced Python Engineer to join Data team
BigData: DataLake based on GCP (BigQuery/CloudStorage + Airflow for batch data processing, Kafka for data streaming + GDS for visualisation)
WebServices: FastAPI for Backend and Vue.js for frontend
Machine Learning: plain old Statistical, Black-box models, Pyro, Pytorch
Major in Computer Science or related field
2+ years software engineering experience, developing web applications in Python on FastAPI
Excellent knowledge of Python, SQL and Bash
Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
What you will do:
Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features [approx. 40% of your time]
Design, develop, deploy, maintain, and improve backend for interactive web-applications and APIs [approx. 50% of your time]
Deploying Machine Learning / Statistical models build by Data team [approx. 10% of your time]
Solve technically challenging problems working with high-load systems [very often 🙂 ]
Nice to have:
Experience with AirFlow, Kafka, GitLab
- Experience in systems architecture
What you can expect:
- You will join a fast-paced travel tech company with a flat organisational structure.
- You will have exciting opportunities, ownership and responsibility and contribute directly to the success of the company.
- You will join an international team of talented and driven people with a clear mission. Expect your colleagues to inspire, support and challenge you every day!
- We have a flexible work policy with the option of working remotely and international opportunities arising as we continue to expand our global footprint – Our heart is in Berlin, but you’ll find us across the globe.
- You will get a competitive salary & highly attractive stock options of a growing and fast-expanding company.
Our impact on the society and the environment:
There are still 100 m tickets sold offline every day. We are making ground transportation more online accessible and more convenient to use for millions of travellers. Transportation accounts for nearly 20% of global CO2 emissions, and each trip booked via Distribusion’s platform that substitutes a more pollutive and congested mode of transport such as taxi, private car, or plane, directly contributes to reducing global carbon emissions.