What do we offer:
- Salary range of €50K-70K
- Virtual Stock Option Plan
- Relocation assistance to Berlin, or work remotely from anywhere on planet Earth
- Growth within a rapidly expanding global company
- A true culture of meritocracy
You will …
- Have full ownership of our Data Lake: from building new ELTs, ETLs, and streaming ingestions to evolving infrastructure & expanding the Data Lake toolset [approx. 60% of your time]
- Partner with Platform, Integrations, and White Label engineering teams to improve the data visibility and transparency; evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, identify gaps, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details to drive decision-making [approx. 20% of your time]
- Drive data quality analysis, reporting, and monitoring across core processes and data assets [approx. 10% of your time]
- Establish and maintain a metadata dictionary for the core metadata elements [approx. 10% of your time]
- Major in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of data engineering experience (data ingestion and data processing pipelines)
- Experience in data management domain: data quality, data lineage, and data security
- Excellent knowledge of Python and SQL
- Experience with Airflow, Kafka and Kafka Connect, FastAPI, GitLab
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
- Problem-solving, process improvement, and analytical skills
- Experience with developing infrastructure as code and the DevOps discipline
- Experience in data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, designing schema, technical decisions, and dimensional data modeling
Who we are
We are a technology platform that provides access to ground transportation worldwide, enabling a better travel experience from search to settlement. We work with major partners such as Google, Flixbus, Kiwi, Deutsche Bahn, and many more.
We recently raised €30M Series B, and we are excited to scale our team!
You’ll be part of the Data team, working on challenging and interesting problems on a daily basis – we collect hundreds of millions of events every day and our goal is to make sure that this data brings maximum impact to the organization, our partners, and our users. You’ll be supported by an experienced leadership team and work together on exciting projects.
We have a team of strong business and tech-oriented talent with 10+ years of experience in ML and Software Engineering.
Our tech stack
BigData: DataLake based on GCP (BigQuery/CloudStorage + Airflow for batch data processing, Kafka for data streaming + GDS for visualization)
WebServices: FastAPI for Backend and Vue.js for frontend
Machine Learning: plain old Statistical, Black-box models, Pyro, Pytorch