Who we are:
We are the world’s leading ground transportation marketplace. We give travellers seamless access to ground transportation online, from search to ticket purchase. We have built a cutting-edge B2B technology platform that connects bus, rail and ferry operators in 70+ countries with the biggest online retailers including Google Maps and Booking.com.
We are shaping the future of travel and building the largest global network of transport providers and retailers. Having grown 10x in the past year, we are one of the fastest growing startups in travel. Backed by three leading VCs (Creandum, Northzone and Lightrock), and now, following our recent €30 m Series B, we are ready to push beyond.
Do you want to work on a product that is used by millions of people daily with a high load, availability and scalability and most advanced technology?
Come join us!
We’re looking for a Backend Ruby Developer to help us integrate APIs, improve internal framework and build automation tools.
Our tech stack:
Programming languages: Ruby, Elixir for our main systems
Data storage, transport and processing: Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Kafka & Sidekiq
Monitoring & alerting: Prometheus, VictorOps, Sentry, NewRelic
Who you are:
- You have at least 2 years of experience working with Ruby
- You know and can apply best practises when relevant and have a strong testing background
- You’ve worked with API integrations (REST and/or SOAP) in the past
- You are driven, ambitious, and willing to get hands-on in shaping the future of ground transportation travel
- You show ownership and responsibility of your problem space
- You have strong communication skills
- You are fluent in English
What you will do:
- Create small microservices, written in Ruby to power travel all over the world
- Participate in the API integration of large transportation companies and identify techniques or tools that can improve our integration processes
- Contribute to our cutting edge integration library and nice applications with clean code
- Partake in development of existing and new products to enable predictive maintenance, infinite scalability, auto-resolution of issues, increased speed, data standardization and much more
- Analyse how an operator system works and how it fits with our own API
- Work with Ruby, Rails, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, GCP, Kubernetes
- Work with an inspiring and talented remote-first team in a highly engaging work environment
What you can expect:
- You will join a fast-paced travel tech company with a flat organisational structure
- You will have exciting opportunities, ownership and responsibility and contribute directly to the success of the company
- You will join an international team of talented and driven people with a clear mission. Expect your colleagues to inspire, support and challenge you every day!
- We have a flexible work policy with the option of working remotely and international opportunities arising as we continue to expand our global footprint – Our heart is in Berlin, but you’ll find us across the globe
- You will get a competitive salary & highly attractive stock options of a growing and fast-expanding company
Our impact on the society and the environment:
There are still 100 m tickets sold offline every day. We are making ground transportation more online accessible and more convenient to use for millions of travellers. Transportation accounts for nearly 20% of global CO2 emissions, and each trip booked via Distribusion’s platform that substitutes a more pollutive and congested mode of transport such as taxi, private car, or plane, directly contributes to reducing global carbon emissions.